QA Engineer- Manual
Location: Princeton, NJ
NIKSUN is a recognized worldwide leader in making the Unknown Known. The company develops and deploys a complete range of award-winning forensics, compliance, security surveillance and performance management solutions for applications ranging from core infrastructures to edge and branch environments.
The QA Engineer is responsible for all stages of the quality assurance process. The qualified candidate is responsible for assessing and evaluating quality assurance test requirements to determine the scope of the functionality to be covered by testing. The candidate will design, produce, execute, and maintain software test plans and test cases. The candidate will test applications while documenting, tracking and reporting on defects. The candidate will also analyze test results, leverage troubleshooting skills to assist with defining root cause, and perform re-testing after defects are addressed.
- Implementing, debugging and unit testing on new and existing product applications.
- Design test plans, scenarios, scripts, or procedures
- Write and maintain test documentation
- Plan test schedules or strategies in accordance with project scope or delivery date
- Identify, analyze, and document problems with program function, output or content
- Maintain consistent records and documentation of all tests and certifications
- Work in cross-functional teams and maintain awareness of status, progression of work activities and business issues that affect the department
- Identify critical issues and escalate it to the development team in a cross functional environment to track defects to closure
- Perform initial debugging procedures by reviewing configuration files, logs, or code pieces to isolate the source of the error
- Identify program deviance from standards, and suggest better ways to ensure compliance
- Monitor program performance to ensure efficient and problem-free operations
- Review software documentation to ensure technical accuracy, compliance and completeness
- Provide technical support during software installation or configuration
- 3+ years of experience preferably in network domain in design, testing, and implementation of IP based high-speed technology and in an ISP or equivalent environment
- Experience with quality assurance testing and performance testing
- Knowledge of categorizing and prioritizing analysis and mapping workload for planning and forecasting
- Adequate understanding of Agile Process and methodology
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and attention to detail
- Knowledge in Networking domain and well versed in network related protocols - TCP/IP, UDP etc., familiar with tools for analysis of packets
- Knowledge of Linux/Unix commands and ability to write test cases to identify bugs
- Strong initiative to build relationships both internally and externally
- Creative, self-motivated team player willing to participate in developing cutting-edge solutions
- Ability to work in cross-functional teams and manage multiple tasks/projects
- Hands on experience with Linux based services including installation and upgrade processes and networking environment
- Ability to be productive in a collaborative and fast-paced environment
- Ability to troubleshoot lab issues when necessary
- Background in Automation tools and Scripting is a plus
- Familiar with Bugzilla, SharePoint and common office productivity tools
Travel Requirements: 10%
Physical Requirements: NA
NIKSUN is a dynamic, professional, fast-paced company offering an attractive compensation and benefits package, including a comprehensive health and dental insurance plan, 401(k) plan, paid holidays, vacation and sick time, and a flexible work environment.
Please submit your resume and salary requirements to:
Attn: Human Resources Department
100 Nassau Park Blvd.
Princeton, NJ 08540